Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ORGANIC MILK?



A year or so ago when the Panera opened up in my home town I had Horizon's Organic Milk for the first time. I was pretty surprised at how good it was, I guess I had always thought of organic foods as being inferior to regular foods.

A couple of weeks ago I was doing some grocery shopping and stumbled across this milk. I had only had it in the little cartons before. It is expensive compared to regular milk, but the better flavor alone makes up for it I think. I only drink skim milk, and often times skim milk from major stores like Walmart tastes watered down.

This organic stuff is much more flavorful. In addition, it never goes bad. I know, I was shocked too. Milk I bought at the beginning of April is still sitting in my fridge with an expiration date of May 28. This is not only amazing, it's incredibly convenient. When I am at home my family can go through a gallon of milk in a day. Here at school I often eat out or just am not in my dorm that often to enjoy my delicious milk. Before I started buying the organic stuff I had to pour out a couple of half finished gallons of milk because it went bad before I could drink it all. Now, with Horizon Farms Organic Milk, I can drink on my own schedule!

1 comment:

Nick said...

milk really is nasty when you think about it. but this stuff seems to be a lot healthier and cleaner. i'm gonna have to try it