Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I was the victim of a drive by

Last night I was at the library studying with a friend. We left around 9:00 to head back to our dorm. When we were about to cross the street by the Ferg a car pulled up, so we stopped to let the car go.

The car stopped at the cross walk, and a guy in the back seat leaned out the window and threw a balloon at us. It was a water balloon, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't filled with water. The balloon passed between my friend and I and busted behind us. Neither of us got wet at all. Before I could see their license plate they took off. My friend and I stood there in disbelief.

I might be reading too much into this, but I can't help but think that my friend and I were targeted because of our race. I wanted to call the campus police, but with no tag number and no damage inflicted I didn't bother. On the way to my exam today I walked down the road that the car full of guys drove up and saw other busted balloons. I also noticed several cops driving around last night with their lights and sirens on. I can only hope these guys were caught.

2 comments:

Pat Hann Man said...

Sounds horrible, you shouldnt be out late at night. haha

Evan said...

Ha it was only 9!